Pioneer Presents 2015 Line Of In-Dash Multimedia DVD Receivers
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled its new 2015 line of in-dash multimedia DVD receivers designed for today’s technology-savvy consumers. The lineup consisting of AVH-X1700S, AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, and AVH-X5700BHS double-DIN receivers and AVH-X6700DVD and AVH-X7700BT single-DIN receivers boasts a multitude of entertainment and connectivity options including a new touchscreen user interface, DVD/CD media playback, advanced audio enhancements, MirrorLink, MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology, Pandora station creation, and USB connectivity. For added convenience and smartphone connectivity, five of the all new DVD receivers feature Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming with enhanced features like Wideband Speech (HFP 1.6), Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth, and Siri Eyes Free functionality.
“Today’s consumer is very conscious of the high level of technology available in practically every product they own. The majority of drivers expect more from their in-dash receiver than simply FM/AM and CD playback. Touchscreen controls, satellite or Internet streamed music and smartphone integration have become standard issue,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Pioneer’s latest DVD receivers offer the most advanced entertainment and connectivity options to provide one of the best in-car experiences available today.”
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, and AVH-X7700BT feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
- To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone devices, compatible models are enabled for Auto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. Users simply connect an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable, and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
- HPF 1.6 / Bluetooth Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 built into the new models significantly increases the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubles the sampling frequency (now 16kHz) to produce better sound quality for wireless conversations. Both the caller and call recipient experience clearer and more distinct sound.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.4) – Users can now search album content over a wireless connection. iPhone devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type.
- USB CONNECTIVITY – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drive or compatible Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol
- DUAL CAMERA INPUT (AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS)
For increased safety and convenience, the AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS offer two camera inputs. The first input is dedicated for a backup camera (sold separately) with parking assist lines activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. The second input can be used for additional assistance for driving, towing, or parking.
- PANDORA STATION CREATION (All models) – New on all 2015 in-dash DVD receivers is a Pandora station creation feature that let users quickly create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or Android smartphone. Users can create a station from the screen of the Pandora source by simply touching the + station button on the function screen.
- MIXTRAX MUSIC TECHNOLOGY (All Models) – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from a compatible iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song.
- SIRIUSXM RADIO CONNECTIVITY (All models except AVH-X6700DVD and AVH-X7700BT)
All double DIN models are SiriusXM compatible with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required) and include the Tune Start and Tune Scan features. The Tune Scan feature scans through songs from the user’s favorite music presets. When a user enables the Tune Start feature and tunes to a favorite preset music channel, the current song will automatically start playing from the beginning.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY(AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS)
For listening to high quality audio broadcasts, the AVH-X3700BHS and AVH-X5700BHS feature built-in HD Radio, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country. Both models also feature the HD Radio Artist Experience, displaying album art or station logos (when available) in addition to the artist and song title information.
- MIRRORLINK (All Models) – All new DVD models now offer built-in MirrorLink, ready for direct connection using the CD-MU200 ($30 SRP) USB to MHL cable or the cable that is included with MirrorLink compatible smartphones. Created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), MirrorLink technology enables consumers to connect compatible smartphones to access Music, Contacts and Maps through the MirrorLink interface for a more convenient and safer in-car experience.
Pioneer’s multimedia DVD receivers output component video for better picture quality. Each model also features a new user interface with larger characters for easy viewing and control of sources and features. The new models inherit the same interface for graphic EQ, crossover setting, and phone menu found in Pioneer’s powerful NEX receivers. The double-DIN models offer a stylish and futuristic design that can refresh the look of any dashboard with a 6.2 or 7-inch WVGA touchscreen display.
Each model offers three preamp outputs, DivX/MP3/WMA/AAC playback, aux input (rear), high power MOSFET 50W x 4, Advanced Sound Retriever, high volt (4V) RCA outputs for increased sound quality connection when used with external amplifiers, backup memory to retain settings if main power is lost, and compatible with Pioneer’s AVIC-U260 outboard navigation system (sold separately). In addition, the AVH-X6700DVD and AVH-X7700BT single-DIN models feature motorized 7-inch touchscreen displays and detachable face security.
Pricing And Availability
Pioneer’s multimedia DVD receivers are now available with suggested prices of $280 (AVH-X1700S), $330 (AVH-X2700BS), $380 (AVH-X3700BHS), $430 (AVH-X4700BS), $480 (AVH-X5700BHS), $450 (AVH-X6700DVD) and $500 (AVH-X7700BT).
- Oct 7, 2014
Pioneer Adds Three New Models To Its 2015 In-Dash CD Receiver LineupPioneer today completed its lineup of 2015 in-dash single CD receivers with the release of the DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS single-DIN and FH-X820BS double-DIN models. The new Bluetooth Dual Device Connection built into all three models allows users to wirelessly connect two smartphone devices at the same time, eliminating the need to pair and unpair multiple devices...
- Oct 7, 2014
Pioneer Unveils New Champion Subwoofers And 4-Channel AmplifierPioneer today unveiled its new TS-W311D4/S4 and TS-W261D4/S4 Champion Series subwoofers and GM-D1004 4-channel amplifier designed to provide high sound quality, with simplified and easy integration. The latest Champion Series subwoofers feature key technologies, including Pioneer’s patented IMPP composite cone, highly rigid five-spoke cone design, large double stacked magnets, and a new extremely stiff, enclosed basket, to produce bass output with incredible impact and accurate sound quality...
- Sep 18, 2014
Pioneer TS-G Series Speakers UpdatedPioneer today launched its next generation TS-G series speakers offering well-balanced sound quality, high power handling, and a new cosmetic design. Technology improvements such as a stiffer spider, a new highly rigid mica cone structure, and new tweeter design deliver impactful bass response, vivid midrange and natural sounding, extended high frequencies...
- Aug 14, 2014
Pioneer Introduced New In-Dash Receiver Models For 2015Pioneer today introduced nine new CD receivers and one digital media receiver for 2015 that are designed for smartphone-centric consumers. The receiver lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones to meet consumer demand for connectivity...
- Apr 8, 2014
Pioneer Introduces Three ib-Flat Shallow SubwoofersPioneer today introduced the TS-W3002S4 12-inch, TS-SW2502S4 10-inch, and TS-SW2002D2 8-inch ib-Flat shallow subwoofers, designed for small enclosures and limited depth applications while still producing strong musical bass output. Pioneer also offers four unloaded sealed enclosures designed specifically for the ib-Flat subwoofers in both traditional and truck style designs, plus a single preloaded enclosure...