Pioneer Introduces 16 New CD And Digital Media Receivers And New TS-G Bass-Boosting Speakers
Pioneer today introduces 11 new CD receivers and five digital media receivers to enhance in-vehicle entertainment and connectivity. The DEH-S6010BS, DEH-S6000BS, DEH-S5010BT, DEH-S5000BT, DEH-S4010BT, DEH-S4000BT, DEH-S1000UB single-DIN models, and FH-S701BS, FH-S700BS, FH-S501BT and FH-S500BT double-DIN models, and the MVH-S600BS, MVH-S400BT, MVH-S501BS, MVH-S301BT and MVH-S300BT CD-free digital media models complete Pioneer’s lineup of 2017 in-dash receivers.
Pioneer also introduces six new TS-G speakers designed to improve existing factory speakers with enhanced bass performance.
CD AND DIGITAL MEDIA RECEIVERS
- Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity – The new models, with the exception of the DEH-S1000UB, feature built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. Users are able to pre-register up to 10 smartphones with the receivers, enabling hands-free calling and/or music to be streamed from any of the 10 previously paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices. Additionally, the response time between switching pre-registered devices is faster, as is access to music and contacts stored on the connected devices.
- To maximize the connectivity options and call quality for hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming, the new models feature Bluetooth AVRCP 1.6 to provide browsing capability of a user’s media library, and HFP 1.6 with wideband speech for clearer overall sound quality, making it easier to recognize and understand voices during calls.
- USB Auto Pairing – iPhone and Android devices can be automatically paired when the smartphone is connected via USB to the receiver.
- iPhone owners have the option to wirelessly search through their playlists, artists, songs, genres, and compatible music streaming apps over Bluetooth, a feature previously only available in the flagship single-DIN models.
- USB Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, portable USB drive, or Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer to use Media Transfer Protocol.
Expanded Entertainment Options
- Spotify – All models except for the DEH-S1000UB allow the listener to control content from the Spotify app for iPhone and Android devices as a dedicated source on the receiver. Listeners can now play, pause and skip tracks using the Pioneer controls, and with a few taps, it is just as easy to browse playlists, albums and radio stations on the go. Premium users enjoy ad-free, high quality music and can download music and listen offline with no internet connection. Spotify on the new receivers works over Bluetooth for Android devices and iPhones.
- SiriusXM Radio– The FH-S701BS, FH-S700BS, DEH-S6010BS, DEH-S6000BS, MVH-S600BS, MVH-S501BS are compatible with SiriusXM with the addition of a SXV300 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The units are also compatible with the Tune Start, Tune Scan, Tune Mix and Sports Flash features of SiriusXM.
- Pandora Station Creation – All models except for the DEH-S1000UB feature Pandora station creation that enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device or compatible Android smartphone. Users can simply press and hold a button on the new receiver to create a new Pandora station dynamically from the currently playing song or artist. Pandora enables listeners to store their personalized stations on six presets for easy access on the receiver.
- Advanced Remote Control (ARC) Application – The functionality and user experience of the new models, with the exception of the DEH-S1000UB, are enhanced with Pioneer’s ARC app, available for both iPhone and Android devices. The ARC app utilizes the touchscreen of the user’s smartphone to display detailed artist and track information, including album art (not available on all sources), from various music apps and music sources on phone. Listeners can use the familiar smartphone gestures, swipe and tap, to control basic commands such as switching music sources, play/pause, skip, and shuffle/repeat.Users are also able to adjust the EQ, Time Alignment and Network settings for their receiver directly from the app.
- Pioneer ARC HUB – For the 2017 models, ARC HUB is a new feature found in the source list screen of the app that provides simplified management and operation of the paired Bluetooth phones. Listeners using the ARC HUB can easily connect and switch between guest phones to stream music wirelessly via the receiver.
- AOA 2.0 Support for Android (all models) – AOA 2.0 enables Android device owners to play music streaming apps and control basic functionality, Play/Pause and Skip Song, using the buttons of the receiver. The feature requires the Android device be running Android 4.1 or newer and be plugged into the receiver via the USB connection on the front of the unit.
- Dynamic Bass Enhancer – The new feature augments bass frequencies by harnessing the harmonic frequencies of bass notes within the music and amplifying them dynamically. This provides the listener intensified low bass output.
- Customized audio adjustments with 13-band graphic EQ
- USB Quick Charge – charges 1.5 amp Android devices
- FLAC file playback capability via USB at up to 44kHz/16bit high resolution CD-quality audio playback
- All MVH digital receivers feature short chassis for installation flexibility
Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity – The new models, with the exception of the DEH-S1000UB, feature built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
Pioneer CD and CD-free digital media receivers will be available at the beginning of September with suggested retail prices of: $140 (FH-S701BS), $140 (FH-S700BS), $120 (DEH-S6010BS), $120 (DEH-S6000BS), $110 (FH-S501BT), $110 (FH-S500BT), $110 (MVH-S600BS), $100 (MVH-S400BT), $100 (DEH-S5010BT), $100 (DEH-S5000BT), $100 (MVH-S501BS), $90 (DEH-S4010BT), $90 (DEH-S4000BT), $80 (MVH-S301BT), $80 (MVH-S300BT) and $70 (DEH-S1000UB).
Pioneer’s next generation TS-G series speakers offer well-balanced sound quality, high power handling, and a new cosmetic design. Available in six sizes of 4”, 4” x 6”, 5-1/4”, 6-1/2”, 6” x 8”, and 6” x 9”, the coaxial speakers are designed with a highly rigid polypropylene cone, light weight diaphragm updated cosmetics. Both the TS-G1620F and TS-G6930F speakers are built with fully covered mesh grilles.
The TS-G speakers were designed as replacements for factory installed (OE) speakers to produce greater sound quality at exceptional value. The P.F.S.S. patented technology and newly designed magnetic circuit allow a greater range of voice coil excursion for improved linearity, power handling, more impactful bass response and clearer sound.
The TS-G Series Speakers Include
- TS-G6820S ($50) – 2-Way 6" x 8"
- TS-G4620S ($50) – 2-Way 4" x 6"
- TS-G1020S ($50) – 2-Way 4"
- TS-G1320S ($50) – 2-Way 5-1/4"
- TS-G1620F ($50) – 2-Way 6-1/2"
- TS-G6930F ($60) – 3-Way 6” x 9”
Pioneer TS-G speakers will be available at the end of August at authorized retailers.
- Jul 12, 2017
Pioneer MVH-2300NEX: CD-Free 7" Digital Media In-Dash ReceiverPioneer today expands its popular NEX platform with the new MVH-2300NEX, a double-DIN 7” LCD digital media receiver designed to complement the connected consumer’s lifestyle. Pandora Station Creation and Station Presets – The Pandora station creation feature enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device or compatible Android smartphone...
- May 18, 2017
Pioneer Presents Its 2017 Nex In-Dash Multimedia ReceiversPioneer today expands its popular NEX platform with five new NEX in-dash multimedia receivers for 2017. Simple Smartphone Connection – When a driver plugs in his or her smartphone to the receiver, the unit is able to detect whether the connected phone is an iPhone or Android device, and automatically brings up the corresponding service on the screen, CarPlay or Android Auto respectively...
- Jan 5, 2017
Pioneer Introduces TS-WX70DA Subwoofer With New Digital Bass Control TechnologyPioneer today introduced the TS-WX70DA active add-on subwoofer, designed to improve the audio of virtually any vehicle’s sound system. The model features Digital Bass Control, a new proprietary technology developed by Pioneer to control frequency response and increase the performance of the subwoofer system in the car...
- Oct 7, 2014
Pioneer Adds Three New Models To Its 2015 In-Dash CD Receiver LineupPioneer today completed its lineup of 2015 in-dash single CD receivers with the release of the DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS single-DIN and FH-X820BS double-DIN models. The new Bluetooth Dual Device Connection built into all three models allows users to wirelessly connect two smartphone devices at the same time, eliminating the need to pair and unpair multiple devices...
- Oct 7, 2014
Pioneer Unveils New Champion Subwoofers And 4-Channel AmplifierPioneer today unveiled its new TS-W311D4/S4 and TS-W261D4/S4 Champion Series subwoofers and GM-D1004 4-channel amplifier designed to provide high sound quality, with simplified and easy integration. The latest Champion Series subwoofers feature key technologies, including Pioneer’s patented IMPP composite cone, highly rigid five-spoke cone design, large double stacked magnets, and a new extremely stiff, enclosed basket, to produce bass output with incredible impact and accurate sound quality...