Pioneer Adds Three New Models To Its 2015 In-Dash CD Receiver Lineup
Pioneer today completed its lineup of 2015 in-dash single CD receivers with the release of the DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS single-DIN and FH-X820BS double-DIN models. The new CD receivers are designed to complement the smartphone user’s lifestyle with expanded smartphone functionality including Bluetooth Dual Device Connection, Bluetooth pairing via USB, Wideband Speech Hands-free Profile 1.6, Bluetooth Music Library Browsing (AVRCP 1.5), Android Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and Siri Eyes Free functionality. Additional features and technologies built into the models include Pandora Station Creation, new cosmetics and FLAC file playback.
“Accessibility and convenience are everything to today’s smartphone-connected consumers so we’ve designed our CD receivers to complement their lifestyles,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “It’s important that we offer easy integration with smartphone devices, seamless access to popular entertainment sources, and provide the best sound quality.”
To meet consumer demand for constant connectivity, the flagship CD receiver models integrate compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8700BH, DEH-X8700BS, and FH-X820BS feature built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices utilizing the receiver’s included microphone and the car’s speakers. The new Bluetooth Dual Device Connection built into all three models allows users to wirelessly connect two smartphone devices at the same time, eliminating the need to pair and unpair multiple devices.
To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone devices, the receivers are enabled for Auto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. The user simply connects an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
- HFP 1.6 with Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 built into the new models significantly increases the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubles the sampling frequency (now 16kHz) to produce better sound quality for wireless conversations. Both the caller and call recipient experience clearer and more distinct sound.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can now search album content over a wireless connection. iPhone devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type.
- USB CONNECTIVITY – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drive, or Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information. Android devices must run on OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol.
- SIRI EYES FREE – With a simple press of a key, Pioneer’s DEH-X8700BH, DEH-X8700BS, and FH-X820BS enable users to access Siri Eyes Free. When activated, Siri provides voice prompts through the vehicle’s speakers, and the user’s questions and commands are received and transmitted using the external microphone provided with the receiver(s). Siri Eyes Free allows users to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, listen to calendar information and add reminders.
The new Bluetooth Dual Device Connection built into all three models allows users to wirelessly connect two smartphone devices at the same time, eliminating the need to pair and unpair multiple devices.
Enhanced Entertainment Options
- PANDORA STATION CREATION – The Pandora Station Creation6 feature on the FH-X820BS enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or compatible Android smartphone. Users can create a new Pandora station from the currently playing song or artist by simply pressing and holding a button on the new receiver. The DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS feature Advanced Pandora Station Creation, which expands source options and enables a user to create a new Pandora station from a currently playing song or artist playing in Pandora as well as HD Radio, SiriusXM, or from a connected iPod.
- MIXTRAX (all models) – Pioneer continues to include its revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology into each receiver model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- SIRIUSXM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8700BS and FH-X820BS models include SiriusXM compatibility with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, cost-effective solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's receivers include the Tune Start and Tune Scan features. Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEH-X8700BH features built-in HD Radio, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio and additional programming on HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations across the country.
Cosmetic Design And Functionality
Pioneer redesigned the cosmetics of the new receivers starting with a larger screen for a sleeker look and improved visibility and operation. Brightness and illumination were also refined, adding brightness control to each receiver that provides 10-step intensity levels for easier visualization and operation, as well as Dual Zone Color Illumination with more than 210,000 color variations for customization. The DEH-X8700BH, DEH-X8700BS, and FH-X820BS also include an illumination timer that can be set to change dimmer settings automatically at specified times, ideal for vehicles without a dedicated illumination output wire.
For better sound quality and system flexibility the models are built with MOSFET 50W x 4 speaker outputs and three sets of RCA pre-outs. New for 2015, the DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS models are the first CD receivers in the lineup to support FLAC “lossless” digital audio compatibility for playback of CD-quality files (44.1kHz / 16-bit). FLAC files can be played back from a USB drive.
Pricing And Availability
The new Pioneer single CD receivers will be available October with suggested retail prices of: $200 (DEH-X8700BH), $190 (DEH-X8700BS), and $180 (FH-X820BS).
- Oct 7, 2014
Pioneer Unveils New Champion Subwoofers And 4-Channel AmplifierPioneer today unveiled its new TS-W311D4/S4 and TS-W261D4/S4 Champion Series subwoofers and GM-D1004 4-channel amplifier designed to provide high sound quality, with simplified and easy integration. The latest Champion Series subwoofers feature key technologies, including Pioneer’s patented IMPP composite cone, highly rigid five-spoke cone design, large double stacked magnets, and a new extremely stiff, enclosed basket, to produce bass output with incredible impact and accurate sound quality...
- Oct 7, 2014
Pioneer Presents 2015 Line Of In-Dash Multimedia DVD ReceiversPioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled its new 2015 line of in-dash multimedia DVD receivers designed for today’s technology-savvy consumers. ..
- Sep 18, 2014
Pioneer TS-G Series Speakers UpdatedPioneer today launched its next generation TS-G series speakers offering well-balanced sound quality, high power handling, and a new cosmetic design. Technology improvements such as a stiffer spider, a new highly rigid mica cone structure, and new tweeter design deliver impactful bass response, vivid midrange and natural sounding, extended high frequencies...
- Aug 14, 2014
Pioneer Introduced New In-Dash Receiver Models For 2015Pioneer today introduced nine new CD receivers and one digital media receiver for 2015 that are designed for smartphone-centric consumers. The receiver lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones to meet consumer demand for connectivity...
- Apr 8, 2014
Pioneer Introduces Three ib-Flat Shallow SubwoofersPioneer today introduced the TS-W3002S4 12-inch, TS-SW2502S4 10-inch, and TS-SW2002D2 8-inch ib-Flat shallow subwoofers, designed for small enclosures and limited depth applications while still producing strong musical bass output. Pioneer also offers four unloaded sealed enclosures designed specifically for the ib-Flat subwoofers in both traditional and truck style designs, plus a single preloaded enclosure...